There are so many ways you can breathe new life into a kitchen via tiles.
From splashbacks to floors, The Style Studio by Summit share their expertise about tiling your kitchen floor for an instant facelift, as well as tips about how to create a striking splashback.
For durability and style, a tiled kitchen floor has many benefits.
There are an array of styles in the durable, porcelain material that makes floor tiles virtually indestructible. So hardy in fact, you can drop pretty much anything on them with zero consequences to the tiles.
Realistic timber, terrazzo and stone look tiles are popular choices. Re-tiling your kitchen splashback is a quick, inexpensive way to overhaul your kitchen look.
A simple change of injecting a different colour, or an interesting feature tile creates a new focal point and can transform a kitchen from dated to modern.
- Consider everything else you have in the room and throughout the home. The new floor tiles and splashback should suit the existing style and colour palette. If you are keeping the existing benchtops and cabinetry, retaining a sense of harmony in terms of colour is important. Be mindful of selecting colours which work with the ones in your existing kitchen.
- Have fun. The kitchen is the heart of the home and is a central place for entertaining and time with family. When choosing your new splashback, remember it’s a chance to inject personality into the space.
- Consider the needs of whoever lives in the house. Are you a clean freak who hates dirt? Mosaics might drive you mad. Perhaps a large format, seamless tile that’s easy to wipe down, or epoxy grout – a resin compound that doesn’t stain like traditional grout, might be a good option.
- Don’t worry about your tile choice dating or affecting future re-sale value. Try not to focus on this unless you are renovating to sell. Everything dates – it is a fact of life. Tile technology is constantly evolving, and there’s no way to avoid it. The absolute best practice is to choose what you love. Pick a well-designed, carefully considered tile that you like and it will age well.
- Decorative tiles are becoming popular choices for kitchen splashbacks as they bring a softness and warmth. Harder, cleaner lines are less in demand. Styles that pack personality, such as subway, handmade or Moroccan inspired tiles and geometric feature tiles are on-trend.
*Thank you to Myaree Ceramics for your design, style and inspiration tips for this blog.